State Energy Inspection Services provides premium tubular Full Length Magnetic Particle (FLMP) inspection for the detection of longitudinally oriented imperfections.
- Area of inspection coverage is 360 degrees of the external surface of the coupling and pipe body.
- Areas not covered in this procedure include the internal surface of the pipe, coupling and pin threads.
The operators who inspect require a minimum Level I inspector qualification while under direct supervision of an on-site Level II or Level III Supervisor. Operators performing FLMP inspections must be able to distinguish J1 letters at 12 inches on a Jaeger eye chart and have no color vision impairment.
- API Spec 5CT
- API RP 5A5
- Customer specification, as applicable
- State Energy Inspection Services’ SOP 5.0 (SEA)
- Magnetizing equipment for circular magnetization
- Aws 86 magnetic particles or equivalent. Particles shall be of a color that will provide a high contrast between the particles and the surface being inspected.
- Magnetic field penetrameter or Burmah Castorl Strip
- Tools for imperfection evaluation of the threads and tube body